Visit Rafa's New Official Web site!

And don't forget to keep checking www.vamosrafel.com!

Join vamosrafael.com's Web site Messageboards to meet other Rafa fans and share lots of info, pictures, or simply discuss about your favorite tennis player


Or you coul also visit vamosrafael.com's Photo Galleries: the most extensive recollection of Rafael Nadal's pictures. From his earliest years to today's photos!

 

Powered by Blogger



Thursday, November 17, 2005 (Part Two)

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I did eat again at McDonald's. Thank goodness. I got over there, and I went into the line with the kid who speaks English. And when I got there, he didn't even bother to give me a menu. He just said, "Diet Coke, Hamburger, French Fries"? I said yes -- just goes to show how rare it is for them to see repeat customers there.

But I threw them off a bit later when I asked for some ice cream. *lol* I wanted a chocolate sundae, but I ended up with a cone of vanilla ice cream. But it was edible.

For those of you who have e-mailed me with helpful advice on Chinese cuisine, I'm afraid you have found a lost cause. I'm not very adventurous in terms of food in general. My friends say that I'm the only person they have known who went to Australia and raved about the food. And I did so because it's what I'm used to. I gained weight there.

Also, I'm pretty much on my own here. It's not as if I'm going to take a cab by myself and experience some Chinese restaurant -- especially since they may not speak English there. So my cuisine experiences are limited. But I also thought French food was terrible, and lost weight in France. I always lose weight when I travel abroad -- except for Australia.

In any event. I watched todays matches. First, I was so happy that the Bryans won their match today. I have to say that that I have a lot of pride for the Bryan brothers. They live in the town next to me, and I guess we are pretty much the only Americans left in Shanghai. And they are great players. Their match against Paes and Zimonjic was terrific. It went to a third set tiebreak, and it was darn close. Zimonjic played a few loose points, and the Bryans were up to the task and they won it. So both teams move on to the semis. I'm so happy for Bob and Mike.

They have made a lot of fans here. And I just heard from Neva that they are doing another concert tomorrow in the retail area. They were a huge hit the first time, and I think this is great for promotion of the doubles. Again, I'm very proud of them. And when I see them play, and the American flags coming out, it just reminds me of Davis Cup. And it's nice to have that little bit of home here while I'm abroad.

But I may not be able to see their concert tomorrow.

posted by Susan @ 11:34 AM 

**Please do not reproduce without giving credit to the original source and VamosRafael.com.**
Return to VamosRafael.com.

Return to VamosRafael.com Fan Reports.